What an inspiring and motivating evening with entrepreneur and women’s success advocate Angela Jia Kim! Angela shared the many valuable lessons she has learned along her professional journey, and gave us detailed ways we can all find more clarity, determination and success. Here are a just a few of the pearls of life and business wisdom she shared with us:
- Progress not perfection! Miracles can come from childlike mistakes. Your ideas and dreams will be killed if you criticize their imperfections right out of the gate.
- Don’t give up – pivot! Take negative feedback, criticism and rejection as a teaching opportunity. Instead of throwing in the towel, figure out what you can learn and adjust for a better result on your next try.
- “Give, Give, Get” – Don’t hoard your wealth, success and happiness. Sharing success, support, advice and expertise makes you even more fulfilled and successful in the end. It feels good to give, especially if you give in an impactful way.
- Having a support group, an advisor, or someone to be accountable to can make all the difference in helping you succeed.
Angela has developed a great daily planner to help keep you on track toward achieving your dreams. Here are some of her ideas for starting your own daily action plan:
- Do a brain dump and get all your thoughts out of your head and onto a page
- Delegate where possible
- Identify your top three priorities for the week and focus on those
- Savor the success – schedule your personal happy time into your week so you don’t forget to take care of yourself
- Pull your weeds – get the drudgery list out of the way
- Plant your seeds – start something new that can grow
- Savor your success – note something successful about your day
- Practice gratitude – what are you grateful for today?
- Angela’s inspiring story on how she transitioned from concert pianist to building several successful businesses from scratch
- How her focus changed when she had a family
- What she has learned about feedback and failure, and much, much more…